Valentine’s Day. How many of you immediately thought “ughhhhh” and felt your stomach tighten? Those two little words bring up a range of emotions in everyone. For those in relationships, they think about how what to celebrate and what they might buy their partner. Those of you who are single may be anticipating feeling lonely and sad and dreading the sight of all those happy couples. Well don’t despair, help is here for all you singles out there to have fun and enjoy Valentine’s Day as well.
1) Be selfish: do something nice for yourself whether it is taking the time to watch that movie you’ve been wanting to see but haven’t had the time or buying something you’ve been wanting to have for a while.
2) Show your love to others: do something nice for someone else, get them something that they would like and spend time with those you love.
3) Spend time with your single friends. Plan dinner with your single friends. Have fun with those who are also flying solo on Valentine’s Day. Just because you are single does not mean that you can’t have fun on Valentine’s day.
4) Eat chocolate: in other words indulge in something you enjoy.
5) Relax: go for a run, do yoga, take bubble bath, or get a massage!
Valentine’s Day may feel like a lifetime, but remember it is just another day.
Looking for something to do on Valentine’s Day? Check out this “anti” Valentine’s Day Chicago Events by clicking here” and here
Written By: Elizabeth Salland, M.A.