Sankofa is collaborating with Midwest Alternative Treatment Center to provide the most comprehensive and effective ketamine treatment for treatment-resistant depression and complex PTSD.
How are we maximizing benefits and reducing the rate of “non-responders”?
It lies in our tailored holistic approach to care – which is based on our team’s depth of experience and hardcore research.
Below is a look at our protocol as well as what the day of an infusion looks like at our practice.
- Assessment for your unique needs so we can tailor our treatment
- preparing your mindset to increase the potential for a therapeutic trip
- coaching you through integration so your insights last
- providing an extra therapeutic setting (there’s no rush to leave, and we encourage you to make your infusion room into your sanctuary)
- creating strong relationships with our therapeutic and medical team as well as with your mental health providers and the supportive folks in your life.
Why these differences? Research and experience tell us people have more symptom relief as well as longer remission of symptoms when:
- They have a clear intention for their experience
- what we do during check-in and can coordinate with you and your therapist
- They feel ready to surrender to the experience
- supported by preparation of your mindset and sense of connection to your support team
- They are surrounded by people they trust
- why we focus on building relationships and getting to know you
- They take a higher dose
- clients often do not feel safe to do this in non-therapeutic settings or when they are not ready or don’t have a a sense of trust with themselves, ketamine, and the team
- Have the experience in a therapeutic setting
- why we offer on-site counseling-oriented check-in and debrief, don’t rush you to leave, as well as encourage you to make the room your santuary,